_ *****************************************************************************

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Good Samaritan

I had to post about our trip to the bank today; I had to take all of my kids with me, in line afew people in front of us was this cute, little elderly lady. As she was leaving, she stopped, looked at my children and asked, with big eyes, if they were all mine, and I replied that they were. She had $3.00 in her hand and she tried to give it to me and I told her I couldn't take her money, but she adimately (sp) insisted. I thought that was so sweet and that I'd go buy my kids a treat afterward. Then, a minute later, she came back. By then my boys were fighting beyond help over a silly lego helmet that Gage chewed up so Gavin couldn't play with it anymore (so rude), they were screaming at eachother as I tried to referee (sp) she came back up to me and shoved a $10 bill in my arms as I was holding brighton, as I told her i could NOT take it, she was off and gone. I wanted to cry, all i could do was thank her, but I don't feel that was enough, i wish i had her name and address or something so I could truly thank her. Anyway, it just made my day, I know she probably just felt bad for me, but it was so sweet and kind! Let this be my lesson to be more thoughtful of others who may be less fortunate than I. Sweet old lady, thank you-thank you.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a sweet story! The world needs more people like that!

Jarvis ♥ Family said...

I agree with Andrea! Natalia I think the Best way to thank her is passing on what she did to you, to someone else. Do something nice like that for someone else is what i mean. We do need a lot more people like that, and we all as members of the church should be that example too! There are a lot of LDS people that give our church a bad taste in some peoples mouths and we should make up for it by being an example like that sweet little old lady.

Lol She probably went to her car and told her husband to fork out that $10 to give to you. I think that is the sweetest thing i have ever heard! You're so lucky!

Hulse said...

sweet days like that just keep ya goin', don't they?! That cycle really is what life is all about!