January 30th, I ran my first half marathon called London's Run. I was able to run it with my good friend/cousin, Kandace. It was fun to train with Kandace, I got to know her better and now I miss running with her!
Long story short, due to my bum knee, I ended up trying to just get as far as I could befor they had to drive me back to the finish line.... Little did I expect to finish (for real). the last stretch of the run, I saw my mom and 3 older children walking down to find me.
I saw them first and started waving. Brooklin ran along with me for a bit and took some pictures. It totally made me cry, not a sad cry at all, but it meant so much to me to see them there and for Brooklin to have this great big smile on her face as she looked at me while she ran alongside.
Cass was at the finish line cheering me on, it was awesome. I finished faster than I had expected to at 1:59:55. Now I have something to beat!
My wonderful parents came to show support as well. It meant the world to me. My parents were always very supportive when I ran track in high school, this was cooler (for me). My dad is going to run it next year too (he's awesome)!
2 comments:
that's so so SO AWESOME NAT!! you are such a stud! I bet you are a little twiggy with all that running!
if (when) we come back I'll do it with you too!
love,
Leisa... and I'm all gooey over your pups!! so cute!!
I didn't think that I would miss running, but I do! Thank you for being so motivated, because I would have quit a long time before the race. I had so much fun running with you and I can't wait to do it again next year or sooner if your ready! By the way you did so awesome, you can beat your time next year and I will shoot for yours.
Kandace
Post a Comment