I bought the children some new fun animal scissors because they really enjoy doing arts and crafts, and because they keep misplacing mine! Gavin thought they were the greatest. I caught him cutting lots of different things up (or at least trying).... kitchen chairs, the couch, lots of odds and ends that he snuck behind the couch (his secret hiding place for mischief), etc. Today, Gage came to me and told me that Gavin was cutting Brighton's hair, it took me probably a whole minute for it to sink in to my lapsy brain (I was really involved at the time in getting some Primary stuff done). So I jump up, yelling "NO!!!!" and it was very too late. He got several small snips in beforehand. He took a couple snips from the top of her ponytail, and then several random ones inside the ponytail.... (sigh....) Pictures just don't do it justice.
I think she could sense something was off when we kept laughing at her and snapping pictures! She's usually more willing to cooperate, but not this time!
Luckily, right after, we got a call from my sister to come over to play and cool off, just what we needed!


I'm glad that she doesn't understand how silly her hair is going to look for a while. Gavin did feel really bad, he didn't like to talk about it and he wanted to snuggle with me lots thru out the day, which I don't always get to do. i just hope that it doesn't happen again, he is not allowed to use the scissors for a bit.
1 comment:
Oh no! Poor Gavin (and Brighton). Your kids are just so cute!
Post a Comment