_ *****************************************************************************

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Camping is one family activity that we all love. There is something about the fresh mountain air that helps us to be able to enjoy it all!
We had to buy a new tent, ours just wasn't comfortable enough to fit us all, so we found a perfect one for our family, hope it lasts forever! The four older kids fit so well between these sleeping bags... I just wonder why at home they couldn't sleep this close together without fighting!? Brighton's little personality is coming out stronger everyday! She is a bit feistier (sp) than I remember any of my other little ones to be! She loved camping, she just didn't love being told what to do, she's a free spirit.
My dad brought his sling-shot, that was right up Gage's alley. I love how he uses his tongue to concentrate! he usually curls it under and bites down, it's a funny family thing

Pappa found a great target.


He's had lots of practice..., never misses!

I think Brighton tried out every camping chair that was there. She got SO dirty!

We took a detour on the way up to the camping site, the road was really rough at some places and Gavin was pretty worried. We all got a little whip-lash

Brighton didn't like the bumpy road and was getting tossed around in her carseat, so Cass held her until we got back to the highway (where we always have to wear seatbelts) She gives the best snuggles!


Gavin, Ella, and Cheyanne (cousins) played so well together and kept well entertained.

Gavin wore his pack pack the WHOLE time!
trying out another chair
oops, same picture, don't know how to delete it!
Brighton figured out how to twist cookies apart to get to the creamy center, she's growing up way too fast!

Happy campers, they can get along so well sometimes, it's wonderful
I can't resist this sweet happy face!
Brighton has become a Nana and a Pappa's girl, she was so exhausted this evening, the only person she wanted was Nana, not me :( When we finally made it to bed, she was so wired, I've never seen her like that before! She was literally bouncing all over the place, giggling and sqealing! I suppose she was "too excited to sleep"! Once she held still though, she was out. thank goodness.
I love my family so much, and that we can have great experiences like these for our children to remember always!

3 comments:

Jade said...

Looks like a blast!!! What great memories!

Leisa Tapia said...

AWe!! that was such a good post!! you guys sound so happy and just so peaceful and loving your life!! I love that you guys always go out and do fun stuff like this with all your beautiful kids!!

Hulse said...

I loved looking at the pics! Brighton and Brooklin have completely grown out their 'little girl' look! They grow so fast! thankgoodness for pics!