_ *****************************************************************************

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Bye-Bye Binkie


Not potty training yet, but we did get rid of Gavin's beloved binkie. It sadly has become practically part of his body. We figured it was time when we saw him at church, sticking his tongue completely out of his mouth at the kid behind us, while still keeping his binkie in! So later on Sunday, I went into the gift closet and found the present I was going to save for his birthday coming up, but it couldn't wait. He has been obsessed with tractors lately so we got him a remote control one, and traded it for the binkie. He had a really hard time that night, but after he did fall asleep, I went to check on him and he was hugging it! (ouch) I did snap a couple pictures, but I still am not able to download onto the computer darnit. He has done so well since and only asked for it a few times! Now the tractor has become part of his body, he hasn't let go of it much since, even to eat! So next is potty training, really, he's almost 2 (in a week) so we'll start soon!

7 comments:

Emily said...

He is doing really well from what I've seen! Yesterday at mom's I forgot Macy's binkie and we gave her the one that is like Gavin's that was at mom's. She had been playing on the floor and when I went to pick her up the binkie fell out and Gavin was right there. His hand went straight for it and luckily I was quick and swiped it right before he could get it. Nice try Gavin!

Sarah's Nonsense said...

Oh no...Gavin with no bink! Will I recognize the child? He's going to get over it so fast. Maybe you should spring the potty training on him right now just to distract him from the bink thing...or is that just plain mean?

dm said...

Hi Natalia I found your blog the today as I am just playing around on the computer....What a sweet picture that is of Cass and Gavin!!! Good luck with the potty training too and I need your email so that I can get you in my blog :)(email me at dblanco@cox.net)

Sheila said...

Cass (my Cass) was attached to his paci as well. I thought it would be horrible but, it must not have been that bad because I don't really remember how/when I did it. Luckily Claire is already starting to self wean from it though! Good luck potty training! He is still young though I thought he was older than he is! But, what am I saying you are an old pro at that game you've already potty trained 3 kiddos!

Denyse said...

So you have a blog too, how fun! It is going to be weird seeing Gavin without his binkie, but I'll try to get use to it :) I'm sure he will too!

Cicily said...

I love that picture, it is too cute. I too realize that sooner or later I will have to break Gus of his Binkie. I saw a mom float them away on a balloon to the binkie fairies, the child took it very well. Something to consider :)

Leslie said...

Hey Natalia! I found your blog through Leisa's blog and thought I should say hi. :) You're so brave to take the binky away. I don't know that I'm anywhere near ready to take Sofia's away yet. Maybe when she's two (although we're only a few weeks behind you there...). He's just a doll. All your kids are, though!
Leslie